Sunday, November 25, 2007

Me, obsessed?

Ha! What does my sis know! There was a hit and run and a police search on my block about an hour ago but that is so not important because hello, I am writing! Duh!

Success is so close I CAN TASTE IT. OR MAYBE IT IS THE TOSTITOS!!! ^_^

I am now at 45,001 words but that is what Word tells me, I am scrambling the letters and going to put it into nanowrimo's wordcounter and hope it doesn't lessen what I've been going by so far. Okay I think it is actually crashing my Word doc. Whatever, I made a copy and then emailed it to myself as well.

The only problem I see now is coming up with a satisfying ending and somehow not rushing it because I *only* have 5,000 words to do it justice. I think the story is begging to be 60K plus, because I spent the first 40,000 words over the span of two months and the other 10K will be a few years? Hell no. WTF. I've been doing research too. And now my story is in the future, it is 2009!

Oh yeah I stepped outside to buy the aforementioned Tostitos. I am not completely mental! Off to play the delightfully creepy Alice in Wonderful videogame because nothing says relaxation like stabbing people.

Edit: Lookit, I took a screenshot of my novel! Look how little dialogue there is! Also note how the pink hi-lighted parts are sections I think are kinda dumb and should be worked on a bit more. Those are only the first 50 pages. Note how I have notepad open for random notes, research, timeline and wordcount; a folder of And One songs and that I was listening to Ricky Martin's Lola at the time.

ETA: I had to manually do word scrambling (which turned up the delightful facts that my novel had 22,496 Es and 144 Zs). Nanowrimo's countbots say I have 44,981 words. Those bastard robots robbed me of 20 words! Curse you, i say! (five times to equal 20)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home